Six Senses Laamu is located on the privately owned Olhuveli Island in the Laamu Atoll, towards the south of the Maldives archipelago. From the gateway to the Maldives – Male International Airport – it is just fifty minutes by plane to nearby Kadhdhoo Airport and then a twenty five minute boat ride to Olhuveli Island.
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort on the virtually uncharted Laamu atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean. The island is of outstanding natural beauty, powder white sand, lush tropical vegetation and crystal clear waters. Its villas are eco-friendly yet luxurious in every way and sit on the beach or over the turquoise water of the lagoon. The bars and restaurants offer the best organic, fresh food, locally grown and caught, cocktails inspired by original ‘tropical’ recipes, over 400 wines kept in a climatically controlled towering glass wine ‘cellar’ and fun: live music, visiting DJ’s, mixologists, chefs and winemakers.
Six Senses Laamu has 97 Beach Villas, Two Bedroom Beach Villas with pool and Water Villas. Carefully designed to complement the outstanding natural beauty of the island, they offer utter privacy, comfort and luxury. True to its philosophy of environmental protection, the villas are made from local and sustainable materials along with every possible thought for the comfort of our guests.
Six Senses Laamu’s restaurants and bars have been designed to take maximum advantage of the islands idyllic beauty with panoramic views and spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Most are over the water making Laamu’s restaurant and bar scene the largest of its kind in the Maldives.
Six Senses Spa
Sitting on the beach, the Six Senses Spa offers five secluded treatment rooms plus two single and two double treatments nests within the island’s natural vegetation. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use fresh natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature treatments plus rejuvenation specialties of the region. Visiting practitioners offer our guests lifestyle consultations and specialized holistic treatments some which include acupuncture, cranial sacral therapy, reflexology, acupressure, Reiki and shiatsu. Our spa facilities also include herbal steam, outdoor experience showers, breathtaking Yoga Pavilion, Fitness Center, and a Six Senses Spa shop to enable our guests to prolong their enjoyment of our spa products after their treatment.
- Six Senses SLOW LIFE Treatments
- Sensory Therapies
- Asian Therapies
- Ready Made Packages
- Facial Therapies
- Massage Therapies
- Body Polishes & Cocoons
- Energy Balancing Therapies
- Ayurveda Aromatherapy
- Spa Beauty
- Wellness Consultant
- Library offering access to the internet along with a comprehensive reading list and the latest in music and movies – to watch and listen anywhere, anytime on handheld individual units
- Jungle Cinema is the open-air cinema. Movies, popcorn and cold champagne – what’s not to like!
- Luxury boat transfers to and from Kadhdhoo domestic airport
- Well stocked medical clinic with doctor on call 24 hrs
- Six Senses Gallery full of gorgeous Six Senses products, to carry your memories home
- International newspapers to be connected to the rest of the world
- Fully equipped gym
- Discover the virgin beach and un- swum waters – a large section of the beach at Laamu has been left totally untouched
- Boat trips to the famous 8 foot Yin Yang wave which is just minutes away as well as the other nearby fun surf spots within Laamu Atoll – surfing lessons both board and kite are offered
- Dive centre offering snorkelling, diving excursions and certification courses, in one of the most beautiful and untouched reefs in the world
- The water sports centre offers a wide range of activities including windsurfing, canoeing, catamaran sailing, wakeboarding and water skiing
- Local island excursions by private speed boat perhaps with a sunrise breakfast or a sunset dinner
- Private picnics to a tropical paradise with a packed lunch and privacy, or a party and butler service
- Snorkelling with the in house marine biologist
- Go fishing and have your catch cooked for supper
- Private breakfast, dinner or sunset cocktails on the sandbank
- Watch the breathtakingly beautiful sunset over the Laamu Atoll from a private boat while dolphins cavort around you and you sip a cold cocktail
Contact Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
Six Senses Resorts & Spas, 2nd Floor, 4/3 Faamudheyri Magu, Male, Republic of Maldives
Tel: +960 680 0800, Fax: +960 680 0801
E-mail : [email protected]